You are here

Vander Plaats' Graft Cooked Rick Perry's Comeback

Jan 20, 2012
Joe Hyde

You wrote this. Only a communist or an egomaniacal lunatic would desire to vote on their own stuff.

Click "Okay" and close this before someone sees this.

Vander Plaats sitting on a fat wallet filled with Santorum's money

13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15

I admit. I'm still angry and settling old scores about the demise of Rick Perry's campaign. But since you're still reading...

Iowa was weird. Everyone said it when we were there. Why?

One reason: The so-called Christian leaders of the Family Leader.

This is Pastor Bob Vander Plaats' group, and if you have a subscription to Dr. Jack Wheeler's To The Point News, you read that he named Vander Plaats the "Jerk of the Week... - the schmuck, the phony "social conservative," the corrupt horse's derriere of the year - who singlehandedly caused Perry to lose the nomination because Perry told him to shove it for soliciting a bribe while Santorum said, 'Let's talk.'"

I hope South Carolina is reading this because they will decide who the Non-Romney will be. And I hope it isn't Santorum. And this is why.

Santorum bribed the preacher to gain his otherwise impossible surge.

Though Santorum did not specify the dollar amount he and Vander Plaats discussed [for the preacher's endorsement], multiple sources said he was soliciting as much as $1 million from Santorum and other candidates.

In an interview with the Des Moines Register this week, Vander Plaats said that it was his “ethical responsibility” to essentially put some money where his mouth is.

“You can’t say, ‘We endorsed you. Now see you later,’” Vander Plaats told the Iowa newspaper. “That’s not going to do a lot in the long run.”

But one long-time Iowa conservative activist told ABC News, “There is no way he could buy enough ad space in Iowa for a million dollars — couldn’t buy that much advertising in a week and a half in Iowa.”

ABC News has learned that Vander Plaats tried to solicit money for his endorsement during the last presidential cycle too.

(Source: ABC News "Iowa Conservative Leader Mired in Controversy After Rick Santorum Endorsement")

At the time of the Vander Plaats paid endorsement, Santorum was polling at 3% in the Insider Advantage poll, and similar low figures in other polls. Rick Perry was just about to stage his comeback. He was at 16% in the Insider Advantage poll, in third place behind Romney and Paul, and Paul didn't count.

At the time, I surmised that Vander Plaats' paid $1 million endorsement of Santorum probably shouldn't matter. After all, the false apostle's group, The Family Leader, had failed to endorse anyone. But in the 24-hour Internet/cable news cycle, TV talkers and Matt Drudge made it a big deal.

The result? Perry stalled and Santorum surged.

The rest is history.

The next time you see or hear about Vander Plaats talking about a choice of conviction, or praying for guidance, remind yourself of the fall of man. In this case, at least Vander Plaats didn't sleep with a whore, he just became one.

I would stay silent if I thought Vander Plaats based his decision upon what was in his heart. Evidence points to his decision being made based upon how much was in put in his wallet.

Want more on Iowa's Body of Christ in accordance with the Family Leader? Google never lies.

Read more about it at tothepointnews.com

Rants

What's This?

Joe, thanks for continuing to

Jan 20, 2012 11:58 pm

Joe, thanks for continuing to keep us up to date and also exposing the hypocrite pastor. Makes me angry too. I've got to pull away from politics for awhile. I don't want to become a bitter, angry woman. I've been angry at Sarah Palin too for endorsing Newt(I figured that was one of the main reasons Perry quit) and the SC governor endorsing Romney! I don't even want to listen to any talk shows anymore, because none of them were really fair with Rick Perry and pretty much ignored him! Also, I wish Governor Perry hadn't endorsed anyone! I hope he and his family finally get a good rest and I'm praying that God will lead him into the purpose he has for him. thanks again, Joe.

What's This?

Is there any way for this

Jan 21, 2012 12:38 am
Wendy Gillum

Is there any way for this story to get National coverage?With Newt, who knows from one day to the next if he will implode, Romney's in up to his neck on so many waiting to be scandal's, this article on Santorum plus his record and Paul can't be elected. Perry could be the only man left standing. Technically he is still in the race. EE on Redstate with 4 yr. contract to CNN and yet we are supposed to believe he is on the conservatives side. Clear channel, and on and on and on. Perry's the cleanest guy for miles around.Isn't this against campaign finance laws? Is anyone even investigating? There was some deal with Newt earlier in the primary with this same Vander Plaats.What about the Evangelical meeting in Texas. Did they know this and endorse Santorum anyway? This is so heartbreaking that our vote is fake. It's already been bought and paid for.

Vander Plaats was *AT* the

Jan 21, 2012 6:13 am
Bridget Johnson

Vander Plaats was *AT* the meeting in TX!! He was welcomed to a meeting with 149 other so-called, self-appointed "Christian leaders" like Dobson and Perkins! This slimy snake was invited by these people! They should have had nothing to do with him, but they did anyway. So many people have turned out to be fakes, it's unbelievable.

What's This?

msm is not interested in a

Jan 21, 2012 3:57 pm
nancy sabet

msm is not interested in a story that would in anyway bring back Perry in the race. They killed him so their messaih won't face this giant succesful governor in general election.

What's This?

Glenn Beck is a deceiver who

Jan 21, 2012 3:47 am
Rac Way

Glenn Beck helped Santorum by calling him the next George Washington.I know Glenn Beck is not of God because he believes in the gospel that was given to Joseph Smith by an Angel. Holy Bible Galatians 1:8 But though we,or an angel from heaven,preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you,let him be accursed. 1John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God :and this is that spirit of anti-Christ,whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is In the world. Revelation 22:18 -19 For I testify unto every man that hearth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life,and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Deuteronomy 4:2 Mormonism and the Islam religion have a lot common.Govenor Perry is a blessing to this country because of who he is in Jesus Christ.

What's This?

Equally disturbing to me is

Jan 21, 2012 9:53 am
Kay Wilson

Equally disturbing to me is Erick Erickson's Texas visit with the 150 evangelical "leaders" and then comes out 4 days later calling on Governor Perry to drop out. I posted my grief of Erick's sellout in so many words on RedState only to be shot down by one of their moderators that my comments were indecent. To me, Erickson sold out, he did, "baptized" by the corrupt political waters of these borderline fraudulent "pastors". Either that, or he flips his opinion on a dime. Just read his diaries in regards to Perry prior to the corrupt revival. I do not fault him really for changing his mind about Perry, but going forth and calling him out like that was offensive.

I'll say this, Republican primary season 2011-12 was an eye opening experience for me, and one that I will be sure to educate my children for many years to come. My 16 year old son has been paying attention and asking questions. On its face, talk of corruptions and unnecessary very public political wrangling has left many who once idolized these big spiritual and influential mikes with very bad seeds. Totally out of alignment with God's words.

I can't look at these "spiritual" leaders with the same reverence that I once did. They represent and ENDORSE big government spending, expansion of government, no doubt, to further their own self-fulfilling prophecies. Probably think they were called by God to use the government and taxpayers to promote their missions. And Rick Santorum is their poster child, they know he is not Presidential material, but a champion social culture warrior. Rick Perry can gaffe a day for weeks on end, so what, he still governs with competency and has managed to do so for over a decade now. Unreal to negate a man's entire record of success based on a few malapropisms or brain freezes. America is fixing to get what it deserves, a product of the American Political Idol Season, well-versed, glib performer that knows how to deliver the soundbites. If Romney is stopped, I hope it is from someone, SOMEONE, who's feet can be held to the fire to indoctrinate and execute smaller government principles. Cannot spend our way back to prosperity.

Have to wonder if there are some out there in the political world that didn't want Governor Perry to win because of their own desires to run for the Presidential office, i.e. Sarah Palin, and with Perry in we'd almost be guaranteed 8 years of Administration. It is harder to oust a sitting incumbent, even one whose poll numbers are weakened, Obama still has a majority of his base plus the willingness of the msm to make the case for him *again*. Anyway, just a thought.

Thanks Joe, hope you keep the website up and going, looking forward to Perry running again for Governorship. One of the better things that was born of this primary season is a desire to see what the Governor is up to, hahaha. Team Perry 2016!

Completely agree sunshine.

Jan 21, 2012 11:05 am
Wendy Gillum

Completely agree sunshine. Does anyone know of another site that has true conservative info in addition to this one? Don,t feel that comfortable on red state anymore. Since Perry left, whole different feel. Sounds like a lot of confusion among the candidates. Because God called Perry to get in the race there was an authority he brought to it. Without him it just seems comical now. I pray that call is still on him and he will get back in. We need him so much.

Santorum was around 6% a week

Jan 21, 2012 11:08 am
C W

Santorum was around 6% a week before the vote in Iowa. Perry's poll numbers were rising when Fox News started reporting that Santorum was starting to surge. I think the Santorum surge was created by Fox News and Romney supporters to keep Perry down. The reports of Santorum's surge started way before any poll numbers showed it.

There were some reports

Jan 21, 2012 11:19 am
Vickie Doherty

There were some reports circulating at the time that a bribe was involved with the Santorum endorsement and yet it the endorsement wasn't challenged.

I too grieve over the loss of the strongest candidate in the race. We haven't had a man this outstanding since Ronald Reagan. Governor Perry's exit from the race is America's was truly a sad day for me. I have been campaigning for him on the web and am still posting comments about him and the misssed opportunity in the GOP primary.

There is a rumour about a brokered convention. I wonder if there would be any chance for his nomination. I think he would be the most successful candidate in the general election.

If your site is removed, is there any way we can continue to communicate? If by some chance there would be a brokered convention, I know most of us would want to continue to support him.

The reality is we have two weak top tier candidates and at this point I think that may mean 4 more years of Obama.

I read that Governor Perry may run again in 2016. It may be a little unrealistic to hold out hope for his nomination through a brokered convention but I find it hard to give up on Governor Perry.

What's This?

This site isn't going away.

Jan 21, 2012 11:30 am
Joe Hyde

This site isn't going away. It is transforming into something much better. Hang on to the horses, and subscribe for the announcement.

As for Perry, who knows. He'll serve out his 3rd term as governor and he'll need all of us to help build his brand into something much bigger, and better, than it is today. His Washington Outsider message was a little bit before its time. Republicans do not realize how much danger this country is in!

Joe

Jan 21, 2012 11:53 am
Vickie Doherty

Joe

You are so right. Out country is in serious trouble.

I received a response from a reader on the National Journal. I had written in response to an article on a brokered convention. I wrote about our dismal choice between two weak top tier candidates and mentioned that our strongest candidate who was an authentic conservative was no longer in the race. The reader responded with the hope that Governor Perry would be chosen as the nominee at a brokered convention.

You are a great guy Joe. Let us know how to subscribe.

What's This?

If you're registered on this

Jan 21, 2012 12:01 pm
Joe Hyde

If you're registered on this site, and haven't unsubscribed from the email, you'll get the announcement next week.

If you haven't registered, click on the orange "Join Us" button above, or just connect via Facebook.

joe

What's This?

I check this site daily but

Jan 21, 2012 12:35 pm
Vickie Doherty

I check this site daily but only created my account today.

I also wanted to add a comment regarding the baffling change at redstate. There was another commentor,the dr.who wrote frequent diaries and also went to Iowa to campaign for Governor Perry. When Erickson suddenly asked Governor Perry to exit the race this man could only log in to the comment section. He kept writing over and over that he couldn't access his diary. He included his e-mail and I contacted him. I still have no idea precisely what happened to him at redstate since he didn't elaborate on that topic in his response. I just sent him an e-mail and mentioned this site. I know he feels same way about Governor Perry as we do and will continue to support him.

Again, I want to thank you for all of your efforts and support for Governor Perry. I think he would also be pleased to know that not only do we support him but we are also going to continue to work together for the good of our country.

The Redstate diarist may just

Jan 21, 2012 12:47 pm
Joe Hyde

The Redstate diarist may just be having technical difficulties. But your post does point to a trend that I think is pretty silly in these conservative blogger sites. HotAir doesn't have open registration, FreeRepublic has run off half of their contributors, and now we have what you said about Redstate.

Conservative website owners are pussies. What is wrong with a little Ron Paul every now and then and the ability to keep it real? The only way to facilitate the thrashing about of ideas is to make these forums welcome to everyone.

With that being said, rudeness, or banging overbearing rigid ideological stances on people by name-calling will run off your readers. I understand that.

Nonetheless, if a website owner can't stand criticism, or they're using their position of influence to herd sheep instead of informing the masses, then they've failed.

I may eat these words one day, but it's how I feel right now.

joe

What's This?

I agree with you. I didn't

Jan 21, 2012 1:36 pm
Vickie Doherty

I agree with you. I didn't comment at redstate but I will say that most of the people writing on the site were really wonderful people. This dr. that I mentioned was exceptional and very intelligent. I haven't even seen a comment from him in several days.

My overall view right now is the conservatives seem spintered and shallow. I wrote constantly about Governor Perry's strength of character, leadership abilities and his record of job creation. While expounding on his positive attributes, I avoided criticism of the other candidates. I received many positive responses but there were some very rude and illogical responders too.

You are so right about the manipulation by the media and also many pundits on the websites. It is so frustrating when you find so many people who would prefer to follow rather than research and make independent choices.

The polls indicate right now that Gingrich is leading in S.C. This primary may be a long one. If there isn't a majority decision, we really could end up in a brokered convention. There have been rumours that another candidate could still enter the race. 'Just what we need another establishment candidate.

I would like to add that I have encountered many wonderful people as I campaigned for Governor Perry. Despite the vitriol and nastiness, there are still a lot of good people in the heartland.

As far as redstate and Eric Erickson goes, I don't know what happened. I would like to think he had Governor Perry's best interest and the country in mind when he wrote his diary. But really, it seemed a bit like public humiliation. His comments were featured all over the web and even picked up by Laura Ingram. It seems to me, as a friend to Governor Perry, he could have communicated his thoughts to him in private. It was painful for me to read what he wrote and it must have been a terrible blow to Governor Perry.

If I lived in S.C. I would still vote for Governor Perry. If he should be on the ballot in our state I will still vote for him. I believe in voting on principle in a primary. As I have written on many sites, I believe this primary has been a missed opportunity.

Me too !

Jan 21, 2012 11:34 am
James Doherty

Me too ! In response to victorykd

The only thing that has

Jan 21, 2012 11:24 am
James Doherty

The only thing that has changed in the last 2000 years is the price, from thirty pieces of silver to over $ 1,000,000. It's so dissappointing that so many people today cannot recognize character when they see it. Rick Perry was the only candidate who can stand on his personal and professional record and beat Obama. I worry that more and more people don't care about character or perhaps do not even understand what it or why it is important. Not so surprising since there is rarely a mention of or demonstration of by the MSM.

If the issue of the

Jan 21, 2012 12:04 pm
Joe Hyde

If the issue of the evangelical vote being co-opted by an insider core of grafters interests you, you can read more from Dr. Jack Wheeler on his report from the evangelical confab in Brenham, Texas, where Santorum was announced as their stalking horse here:

'Just checked redstate and

Jan 21, 2012 2:33 pm
Vickie Doherty

'Just checked redstate and was pleased to discover that this site and this article is being quoted.

The good dr.is back in the comment section but still can't access his diary. I would think if it was simply a technical problem it surely would have been corrected by now.

But,it sure is good to know that conservatives are reading the material on this site.

What's This?

How the hell did I not know

Jan 21, 2012 2:46 pm
Rune Dart

How the hell did I not know this. I saw no stories, no tweets, never heard the barest rumour. ABC ran this story before Christmas?

shame on him, you best

Jan 21, 2012 3:52 pm
nancy sabet

shame on him, you best described him: Vander Plaats the "Jerk of the Week... - the schmuck, the phony "social conservative," the corrupt horse's derriere of the year

Thanks for explaining what

Jan 21, 2012 6:01 pm
Jean Turner

Thanks for explaining what happened. I had a hard time understanding any reasonable basis for the evangelicals endorsing Santorum, who is so wholly lacking in a conservative record and even a shred of Executive experience. Its an ugly tale to be sure.

Am hoping that since I can post and you were sending me your daily's, I'm on your list.

If, as will be likely, you will be changing your URL, can you leave us info on the new one as you transition?

Thanks for being here for the Governor and all of us!
You are appreciated!

Jean AKA JGwen

What's This?

Joe, this was an exceptional

Jan 21, 2012 7:42 pm
Carol Lawrence

Joe, this was an exceptional article, which sheds the light on dirty politics. I was extremely disappointed in the Evangelicals endorsing Santorum. I also know the so called conservative web sites that are not conservative at all. Fox News was the biggest fraud. I will never again watch any of their programming. I am still very bitter about what happened to Governor Perry and the personal attacks he suffered. I have also lost most of the respect that I had for the Evangelical leaders. I voted today for Newt in early voting in Florida, but it was with a heavy heart. I simply refused to vote for the other 3 candidates. Romney is intent on buying this election, and I would like to see him denied. Perry would have been able to take on Romney and beat Obama, but I guess the GOP elite and media did not see it that way. Voters need to wake up and stop this from ever happening again. The big thing is that Iowa and NH should never be first in the election cycle again.

What's This?

Having run off and attempted

Jan 22, 2012 1:08 pm
Joe Hyde

Having run off and attempted to humiliate the only candidate who has the gravitas and the record to present a family values campaign, corrupt evangelicals are running around fund raising for the continuation of the hopeless Santorum stalking horse campaign to knock out Newt and crown a Mormon as their champion of the Christiam World View. Erick Erickson has details:

I can confirm tonight from multiple sources that phone calls are in fact occurring between Republicans in Washington and among evangelical leaders to raise money for Rick Santorum rapidly.

(Source: RedState: http://www.redstate.com/erick/2012/01/22/money-for-santorum/ )

I wonder if Vander Plaats will return some of that cool million the impoverished Santorum coughed up in Iowa to his sinister co-conspirators?

Pages