You are here
About The Rowdy Pulpit
You wrote this. Only a communist or an egomaniacal lunatic would desire to vote on their own stuff.
Click "Okay" and close this before someone sees this.
This site provides fast and far-reaching communication for the conservative movement. For the casual reader, it provides a list of good reading filtered by the Rowdy Pulpit community’s ranking and commentary.
There are two applications that are at the heart of The Rowdy Pulpit: The mini-blog application and the full blogging application. Let me explain.
The Rowdy Pulpit Mini Blog Application
For the participating mini-blogger, it provides a way to get the news out about issues you are passionate about, and to discuss them with the Rowdy Pulpit community.
If you’d like to participate, here’s how the Rowdy Pulpit Mini-Blog Application works.
The mini-blogging application is a tool that you can use to publicize and gather feedback on any web page article on the Internet. One problem that I found with traditional blogging is that often a blog is created merely to generate interest and comments on one article somewhere on the web. The blog’s author is burdened with the task of writing something meaningless and quoting a large portion of the article in an attempt just to get the article on the blog, and to invite the comments themselves, which was the primary goal. The article itself provides little value. It’s just there for the comment stream.
Similar to the blogging of a link, one can use Twitter. But as ubiquitous as Twitter is today, it is not as accessible to everyone, nor as easily organized as a central repository of ideas and comments. Most people just aren’t trained that way. Using this Rowdy Pulput mini-blogging application is a way to organize the Twitterverse, in a way.
In the most simple terms, the Rowdy Pulpit Mini-Blogging application labeled “News Around the Web” is a way to post articles elsewhere to obtain input from like-minded fellow conservatives via the voting and commenting features. You post an article and receive instant feedback.
The Rowdy Pulpit Full Blogging Platform
The Rowdy Pulpit full-blogging platform is a highly search engine indexed and accessible multi-author blog, or original news article, publishing application.
Would you like to participate? Click here.
Rowdy Pulpit bloggers benefit in several ways:
- Link Building – Search Engine Optimization demands aggressive link building, that is, links from authority sites to yours, to increase visibility in the search engines. You have the opportunity to link to your blog from Rowdy Pulpit, providing SEO juice.
- More Touch Points – As a blogger, the more places where you have a presence, and build your brand, the more effective you become. Rowdy Pulpit offers a significant touch point to increase your audience.
- Drive Traffic to Your Own Blog - Having links in the author bio and the post itself is not just good for link building; it can also help drive new, targeted traffic to your website. Someone that clicks on a link in your guest blog post is interested in learning more about your company and your industry. They might be at the beginning of their buying cycle and are just trying to get a feel for the companies out there, or they might be looking for more information about a certain topic and feel you are a reliable source with a great reputation.
- Social Media Content - Social media, much like SEO, thrives on content. The more content you can share, Like, tweet, update and post, the more reasons you are giving your target audience to interact and engage with your blog. Remember, social media should not be treated like another advertising platform. Consumers of news are driving the conversations on social media sites and expect brands to talk with, not at, them. Every time a piece of content is shared on sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+, a social signal is created that tells the search engines that this piece of content is valuable. The more times your content is shared, the more links it gets, the more valuable it becomes and the better it ranks in the search engines (SERPS)! Every published guest post can be added to your social networks to help keep them up-to-date with great content.
It’s simple to use to display beautiful articles, or blog posts, with pictures and video.
The Rowdy Pulpit Blogging Application is an excellent complement to your own blog, or a stand-alone blog by itself. Why spend the effort and time writing something if no one reads it? Cross-posting your best blog articles on Rowdy Pulpit gives you visibility and content to share. And, it’s free!
While the Rowdy Pulpit is in beta mode (as of Feb. 18, 2012 it still is), we have limited full blogger slots available. Want to become one? Here’s how:
- Sign up for an account.
- Fill out your profile as completely as possible. Preference is given to those who provide their real name, city, state, and Twitter account. Make sure you update your signature with a short bio. This is used at the bottom of the blog post to tell the world who you are.
- Send an email via this site to the Rowdy Pulpit (me, Joe Hyde) with a short description of your subject area for your blog, a little bit about who you are, and your proposed frequency of posting original content.
- If approved, I’ll set you up with a Blogger profile and links to instructions on how to begin blogging.